Today we’re going to talk about
- What you’ll need to do to build a strong Instagram following
- How to use your account to expand your marketing funnel
- And land more listings.
Want to learn how to add hundreds of quality followers on Instagram?
Here are 5 ways to get more leads and listing as a real estate agent on Instagram.
#1) Get A Business Account
With Instagram, you can now choose to either setup a regular account and use it for business, or check out Instagram for Business.
If you’re brand new to Instagram, I’d suggest just setting up a regular profile to get started.
But if you’re already familiar and comfortable with the way things are, you can always switch your account to a business profile.
Either way, think about your Instagram profile like your Facebook business page.
If you’ve mastered your Facebook business page, then you’ll already have a good idea of what you need to do to make a successful IG account.
For one, your personal account should be separate from your business account.
It used to be a hassle for business owners to maintain multiple accounts, but not anymore.
Now you can login and out instantly by simply “switching accounts.”
And just like you need a professional presence on Facebook, your business should be its own entity on Instagram as well.
#2) Build And Track Links For Free
There are a few things you can do to make your posts engaging:
- Write an appealing description – We’ve asked our audience to check out this post to see if they’ve made the list.
- And we tell them exactly how they can view it.
- Finally, we used emojis and hashtags to complete the description.
Oh, and you’ll also notice that we responded to everyone who commented.
You’ve got to engage with people to get them coming back.
And when you do reply to commenters, make sure to tag the person you’re talking to so they get notified that you’re responding.
You can create free, trackable links to use on Instagram and across all of your social platforms with Bitly.
This works especially well if you’re also using a tool like Google Analytics to track your results across your networks.
The custom links generated in Google Analytics are incredibly long and terrible to look at.
So, you can shorten and customize them with Bitly.com.
#3) Partner With Everyone
To get noticed on Instagram, you’ve got to connect.
#4) Share The Love – Like, Comment, #Regram
To get more followers on Instagram today, you need to take the initiative and start reaching out to your network.
We featured Cole Holley of Holley Real Estate and then shared that post on IG.
Cole then used a reposting app to share our original post on his profile.
His network can now see his standout work and will also get more information about us as a result.
For the next week or two, challenge yourself to like and comment on 5 different posts every day.
So, that’s 5 likes and 5 comments for a total of 10 touches in a single day.
That’s 50 new people you are reaching out to in a single work week.
This kind of organic growth can work really well on Instagram and really any social platform, especially if you partner with people in your network.
#5) Keep Up With The Facts
If you’re not totally sold on the potential of Instagram for real estate, take a look at these statistics.
- 48.8% of brands are on Instagram (Source)
- By 2017, this is predicted to rise to 70.7% (Source)
- Interaction with brands is 10x higher than Facebook, 54x higher than Pinterest and 84x higher than Twitter (Source)
- Over a third of Instagram users have used their mobile phone to buy something online and are 70% more likely to do so than those who do not have an account (Source)
- Posts with one or more hashtags get 12.6% more engagement (Source)
- Adding a location to your post can increase engagement by 79% (Source)
- Photos actually see more engagement than videos (Source)
- Top brands post 4.9 times per week on Instagram, an increase of more than 50% since 2015 (Source)
- 60% of the top brands on Instagram use a consistent filter (Source)
- 75% of Instagram users take action, such as visiting a website, after looking at an Instagram advertising post (Source)
Wrapping things up…
Instagram, more than anything, is a PR tool.
It’s a means of giving your client a new window into your life, the person who is also their agent.
Of course, it does also work as a cross-promotional tool and you can easily use it to also highlight your Youtube channel or Facebook live events.
Are you using Instagram?
Owner & Operator,
The Elite Group
Largest Home Inspection Company in North America
Best Selling Author “Secrets Of Top Producing Real Estate Agents: And How To Duplicate Their Success.”