If you’re not getting the results you want with email, it’s not because “people don’t read email anymore.” You need to change your approach with a few of these real estate email marketing tips…
Bad emails are sent every day by agents all over the world. And if you’re not getting the results you want with email, it’s not because “people don’t read email anymore.” You just need to change your approach with a few of these real estate marketing tips.
The other day I received an email that looked like this:
My name is [Name Taken Out] and I am available to help you with your real estate search. I would just like to thank you for visiting our website. I specialize in helping individuals find the perfect home and would love to help you through the process. Our company has been in business for over 20 years and helped numerous individuals find the perfect house.
Would you be so kind to tell me when the best time is for us to sit down and talk?
I wish this was the first time I’ve gotten an email like this. But it isn’t. Everyday people message me through LinkedIn and email with messages worded in a similar manner.
Now, I understand that from the realtors perspective this email may not be so bad. It’s not THAT offensive. But I wonder how these emails would look if we thought about them from the recipients perspective. Let’s get into it:
Quick BONUS From Easy Agent: Join Our Free Marketing Course that will grow your CRM and help you profit from your website. You'll set more appointments and sell more houses with this FREE VIDEO SERIES. (It'll also help your real estate email marketing...)
So how should I do Real Estate Email Marketing?
What if there was a way to increase the number of times people opened your emails? Is there a way to make them respond more often? Or a way to have them save an email rather than delete it?
I’m going to show you how to accomplish these things. What do all of these questions have in common? You want your buyer to give you more of their time. More of their attention.
But that’s difficult because almost all of your buyers lack time.
This means that the value you offer them has to be worth more than the time it takes to process the information.
You have to give value.
A great way to remember this is WIIFM.
WIIFM: What’s In It For Me?
If that first email had offered me a guide to buying homes in that area or a list of things that could help me move more efficiently, I would have saved it. I would have even responded. Real estate email marketing is all about the value proposition.
From your customers view point, your email has to make their job easier. It has to grab our attention, align with our interests, conform to our desires, and then tell us how to act.
The average time spent on each email is very short. It’s typically 15-20 seconds says marketingsherpa.com.
This means your email has to perk that attention and then drive home value very quickly.
Fortunately, it’s not that difficult to write great emails. I honestly believe that so many people are doing it poorly that you can easily make it a competitive advantage in your business.
Here’s A Free Real Estate Email Marketing Template:
- Attention Grabber Opening: State your clear and concise value proposition. It has to get their attention yet describe what you do honestly.
- Custom Interest Poke: Social media makes this really easy. Perhaps you can add something from their Facebook or LinkedIn page that they posted recently. People love to hear about themselves. You’ll see a vast increase in the number of responses after you start customizing each email for the person.
- Provide Value: Maybe these are links to blog articles that you KNOW help potential clients. Maybe it’s just a pdf attachment to help them buy/sell their house. Maybe it’s interesting information about the area they are interested in. Whatever your value is, it will help your email stand out. People will actually start saving your emails if you can provide something they cannot easily find elsewhere.
- Call-to-action: Finally, don’t forget your call to action. Examples: “When are you interested in brainstorming ways to sell your property?” “You can reach me at [insert phone number]. I can’t wait to hear from you.” etc.
These email tips will help you sell more real estate. Real estate email marketing is still the best way to stay in touch with clients. The game has just changed a little bit in the past few years. Now, you simply have to provide the most value to people in order to see the most return via email.
You can even had your administrative assistant copy this real estate email marketing template!
Get The Ultimate Guide to Copywriting from Easy Agent For Real Estate!
- Even more email templates!
- Done-for-you scripts for hyper-effective text messages that you can start using today!
- Pro-Tips for creating better blog posts!
- And much more!
Owner & Operator,
The Elite Group
Largest Home Inspection Company in North America
Best Selling Author “Secrets Of Top Producing Real Estate Agents: And How To Duplicate Their Success.”