A great ad headline is a must when running Facebook ads. Without it, your campaigns are likely to fall flat.
Howard Luck Gossage, frequently referred to as The Socrates of San Francisco, said – People don’t read ads. They read what interests them and sometimes that’s an ad.
The truth of the matter is, there’s no magic formula to make your ads stand out from your competition, but there are a few things you can do to make them as effective as possible and grab the attention of your audience.
Today we’re going to take you through 3 Facebook ad headlines, and the text to go with them, that are already getting leads.
How do we know?
Because we’ve already tested them for you.
When it comes to Facebook ad copy, there are 3 places you need to focus your efforts.
- The headline
- Main text
- The news feed link description
You should always fill in these three text fields for each Facebook ad you run.
Before we go through the 3 headlines you should be using now for your Facebook ads, here’s an example of a successful Facebook ad we ran recently and what made it effective.
Unlike a newspaper article or blog headline, the first piece of copy you see when you look at this ad is the main text. Then below the image you’ll see the headline and link description.
Really, each of these text fields is as important as the other and they all carry the weight of a headline.
As you can see though, our headline is ridiculously simple and to the point. All it says is “100% Free Real Estate Course.”
No clickbait, no guessing, just straightforward information.
The Main Text
This portion tells the audience everything they need to know upfront. It’s still direct, but isn’t as concise as the headline. It serves to be more of an attention grabber that can then be reinforced with the extremely focused headline. This is what will drive viewers to click through to your website.
According to Adespresso, the most popular headlines are just 5 words. Ours is 6. If your headline gets too wordy, you’re going to lose focus and so are your prospects.
You’ll usually write the most text here, but still try and keep it tight. Under 30 words if possible. Don’t overthink this section too much. Just tell folks where they’re clicking to and what to expect once they get there.
Now that you’ve got a better idea of what you’re working with, let’s see some stellar ads in action! You can use the exact copy below to start landing more qualified real estate leads on Facebook right now.
Let’s do it!
Targeting Downsizing Leads
This ad campaign generated $14 leads for individuals who are older and looking to downsize. These leads are more expensive than foreclosure / distressed property leads. But they are of higher price points since they are sellers looking to downsize. We’ve had agents successfully convert these leads into clients.
- Headline: Is It Getting Too Difficult To Maintain Your Home?
- Headline Option 2: Time To Downsize, But Unsure How?
- Text: Time to downsize? I’ve created a FREE list of available properties in the surrounding areas that might work better! CLICK THE LINK to get access.
- Text Option 2: Looking For A More Manageable Home? 🏡 I’ve created a FREE list of available single story properties in the surrounding areas! CLICK THE LINK to get access to the list.
- Link Description: Are you looking to downsize from your current home? Let’s find you a more manageable place to live.
- Call To Action: Learn More
Ad Campaign Type:
Conversion Facebook Ad – We created a custom conversion for the thank you page. This means that in Squeeze we selected “Redirect” and redirected people to a page when they became a lead. We pasted the URL for this thank you page into the conversion section of Facebook. Here’s where you do that:
The landing page was really simple.
You really want to keep landing page text simple. This way you know why a page is working or not working. The more variables you add; the more things that could potentially could be changed to get better results.
We were running this ad for a client without a big email list. This meant we had very little targeting data to go off of. We ran this ad with almost no targeting.
We simply included a geographic range targeting people over 55.
The Single Story Home Search
This ad campaign generated $1-5 leads for individuals who are looking to see single story homes. These leads are cheaper than “Downsizing” leads and around the same price as foreclosure leads. We’ve had agents successfully convert these leads into clients.
- Headline: Single Story Homes
- Text: Want a single story home? I’ve compiled a list of every single story home in the area. To see them AND to receive weekly emails of all the new homes, fill out the form below!
- Link Description: Be The First To See Single Story Homes That Hit The Market Nearby!
- Call To Action: Learn More
We used the same ad type and landing page for this Facebook ad.
This ad was targeted to people in the agent’s geographic region between the age of 30-50.
Targeting Foreclosures Leads
This ad campaign generated $6 leads for foreclosure properties. We’ve had agents successfully convert these leads into clients for non-foreclosure properties. The foreclosure angle is just a hook to get people more interested in talking with you.
- Headline: Looking For A Sweet 💰 Deal 💰 on a Foreclosure?
- Text: Looking For A Sweet 💰 Deal 💰 on a Foreclosure in Illinois? 🏡 I’ve created a list of available foreclosure in Naperville/Aurora and the surrounding areas! CLICK THE LINK to get access to the list and score the deal of a lifetime
- Text Option 2: 😎 Looking For A Sweet 💰 Deal 💰 on a Foreclosure Near You? 🏡 I’ve created a list of available foreclosure in the surrounding areas! CLICK THE LINK to get access to the list and score the deal of a lifetime 😎
- Link Description: Be The First To See Foreclosures That Hit The Market Nearby! Sign Up To See Them Now!
We simply included a geographic range targeting married and engaged people.
If you have the ability to create look alike audiences or upload a csv file of past clients, that’s another way you could improve upon these results.
The One Resource You Need To Write Better Copy
Want more? Snag Easy Agents newest eBook! This guide will show you how to write in a way that sells more.
Did you know that the WORDS you use in your emails, texts, landing pages, and on your website can 10x your results with leads?
Read this eBook and you’ll get:
- Better responses when you text leads
- More clicks and replies to your emails
- Higher quality blog posts that get read and build trust
- Facebook posts that get more engagement and generate leads
- More leads opting in to your landing pages
- 37 DONE-FOR-YOU SCRIPTS AND REAL-WORLD EXAMPLES
No work, effort, or time required.
Just copy, paste, and close more leads! Get it HERE from Easy Agent!
Owner & Operator,
The Elite Group
Largest Home Inspection Company in North America
Best Selling Author “Secrets Of Top Producing Real Estate Agents: And How To Duplicate Their Success.”