Are you in the market for a home inspection? Have questions about the process? Elite Group has the answers! We follow the InterNACHI, International Association Of Certified Home Inspectors, guidelines and will walk you through every step.
We check 1,800 items during a home inspection. As part of the InterNACHI Standards of Practice, we check the exterior of the home. Here’s what you can expect:
Our inspectors look over the entire exterior of the building. They pay close attention to the following:
- The material that covers the building
- The eaves, soffits, and fascia
- Every exterior door
- The flashing and trim
Our Elite Group inspector will focus on:
- Nearby walkways and the driveway
- Stairs, steps, stoops, stairways, and ramps
- Porches, patios, decks, balconies, and carports
- Railing, guards, and handrails
Next is the vegetation, we will check the surface drainage, retaining walls and grading of the property. Our inspector will look for areas adversely affected by moisture.
Step # 4
Our inspector describes the type of material covering the exterior walls. Finally, a report will be made on any improper spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles, and rails.
What Elite Group Inspection Does Not Inspect
Just in case you were curious about what an inspector will NOT look at, here’s a list of items that a home inspector is not required to check when it comes to the exterior of a home:
- Screens, storm windows, shutters, awnings, fences, outbuildings, or exterior accent lighting.
- Items not visible or accessible from the ground, including window and door flashing.
- Identify geological, geotechnical, hydrological or soil conditions.
- Recreational facilities or playground equipment.
- Seawalls, breakwalls, or docks.
- Erosion-control or earth-stabilization measures.
- Safety-type glass.
- Underground utilities.
- Underground items.
- Wells or springs.
- Solar, wind, or geothermal systems.
- Swimming pools or spas.
- Wastewater treatment systems, septic systems, or cesspools.
- Irrigation or sprinkler systems.
- Drainfields or dry wells.
- Determine the integrity of multiple-pane window glazing or thermal window seals.
When you need a home inspection call on Elite Group, our experts will be with you every step of the way! Contact us for an appointment today!
Leave A Comment