The obvious symptoms of mold are visible stains and visible moisture damage inside the property. Typically found in areas where water is used often. Bathrooms, kitchens, laundry areas, refrigerators with water output.  For instances when visible signs are not noted people with allergies to mold spores will have symptoms of watering eyes, runny nose, coughing, itch eyes, red eyes, minor headaches, and sneezing.  Every persons individual body chemistry reacts different to the various molds that are typically found indoors. Mold is a natural fungus and very beneficial for the environment and we are exposed to it everyday. For example, penicillin is a mold ingested when the body has a bacterial infection. Some people are allergic to this mold and are unable to take penicillin for bacterial infections.